Aims and Objectives of
Mahakavi Moyinkutty Vaidyar Mappilakala Academy
The following is a brief description of the aims and objectives of Mahakavi Moyinkutty Vaidyar Mappilakala Academy.
- To promote traditional Mappila culture and arts.
- To setup a Museum depicting the unique features of Malabar culture and social life.
- To establish an Art Gallery showcasing various aspects of Mappila culture, arts and literature.
- To publish books and periodicals relating to Mappila literatue and arts.
- To publish a vartha patrika to inform the public of various activities of the Academy.
- To conduct timely seminars, workshops on Mappila folk arts.
- To institute stipends for student-learners of Mappila arts.
- To establish centres of training in Mappila arts for students and youths.
- To establish a research centre with rare archival sources, Arabi-Malayalam Texts and contem porary scholarly studies on Mappila culture, leterature and arts.
- To establish an audio-visual library for traditional Malabar arts and songs.
- To institute Awards for researchers and scholars in the field of Mappilappattu.
- To publish lexicon on antique words and phrases commonly used in most ancient Arabi- Malayalam Texts.
- Propose to organise district level programmes to popularise Malabar arts in general and Mappila arts in particular all over Kerala.
- To promote comparative studies on other mixed languages such as Arabi-Tamil, Arabi- Kannada, Khurasoni etc.
- To institute felloships for promoting studies on Arabi-Malayalam leterature, Mappila history and culture, Mappila arts and folk arts.
- To publish studies undertaken with the financial support of the Academy.
- To publish classical works on Mappila history and culture.
- To conduct regular diploma/certificate coourses on Mappila arts.
- To design and institute welfare programmes for Mappila artists
- To organise programmes relating to the aims and objectives of the Academy with the cooperation of Central-State Academies and other similar agencies.